• The ability to tell high-quality, creative, educational, thoughtful, visual, and engaging stories through multimedia.
• Know and utilize the fundamentals of creative pre-production, including, but not limited to researching topics and story ideas that are driven by story, audience, and distribution platforms.
• Secure all requisite releases, identifying sources of information and visual materials, adhering to copyright and other legal standards.
• Film and edit up to three 1-1.5-minute episodes of programming each week. Coordinate, review, and schedule staff and viewer-submitted content.
• Manage programming calendar, due dates, and distribution dates.
• Coordinate digital distribution in collaboration with the Director of Marketing.
• Understand and use project management software.
• Identify and coordinate project logistics with key collaborators, including conducting and coordinating interviews, locations, and creative cinematography, assuring efficient use of all station resources used to obtain multimedia elements of the program.
• Participate in weekly production meetings
• Create content, programs, promotions in collaboration with Production Personnel and Director of Marketing.
• Prioritize tasks and communicate effectively about what can be realistically accomplished.
Interested parties should send a cover email, resume, and completed application in confidence to applicant [at] wdse [dot] org.
WDSE•WRPT is an equal employment opportunity employer. WDSE•WRPT does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.