WDSE•WRPT, in Northeastern Minnesota, is looking for an experienced and dedicated Administrative Assistant to support the General Manager within day-to-day operations.
Ideal candidates will have a broad skill set in an office setting, enthusiasm for public broadcasting and the power of noncommercial television.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provide general administrative and clerical support to management including data entry, mailing, scanning, faxing, copying and filing.
• Assist in state, CPB and FCC reporting along with policies and procedures as needed.
• Plans and coordinates logistics for team and client meetings.
• Prepares meeting materials and attends all meetings pertaining to Board of Directors and Foundation and archive them accordingly.
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
• Assists with human resource related correspondence including compilation of applicants for open positions and new hire documents.
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
• Assist in calendar management for General Manager.
• Assist in resolving administrative concerns or issues.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, conference calls, appointments and travel arrangements as needed.
• Maintain office supplies for department.
• Maintains Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status.
• Uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of information in a timely manner.
• Works collaboratively with other departments to produce informational materials and open communication.
• Performs all other duties as assigned within the scope of this position.
Education and Minimum Requirements
• Associate of Arts Degree.
• 3+ years administrative experience in a corporate setting, with increasing responsibility required
• Detailed oriented with good analytical skills.
• Experience with human resources management.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy, exceptional organization and time management.
• Proficient in: Microsoft Office including Word with mail merge and understanding of how to embed documents, Microsoft Excel: (transferring Word documents to Excel and editing spreadsheets), Google Docs and Air Table.
• Some understanding of accounts receivable and payable.
• Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally.
• Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong sense of urgency when needed.
• Ability to work proactively to meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
• Ability to assess and prioritize projects.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Good research skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
• Exceptional planning and organizing skills.
• Information gathering and information monitoring.
• Customer service orientation.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
WDSE•WRPT is an EEO
Interested parties should send a cover email and resume in confidence to email [at] wdse [dot] org.
Website Developer and Digital Distribution Coordinator
WDSE•WRPT is seeking a knowledgeable Website Developer and Digital Distribution Coordinator who’s enthusiastic about optimizing the reach and overall experience of WDSE•WRPT’s online content. The station is currently undergoing an exciting time of growth and is looking for someone to join their team to help them expand their audience and to help their quality, educational video and content reach more audiences.
Responsible for the organization’s online presence on wdse.org and WDSE•WRPT’s pbs.org pages, PBS Video app and email campaigns. Reports on and assists in optimizing distribution of WDSE•WRPT’s videos and other communications across social channels.
Marketing, production, membership, administration, and engineering personnel.
Digital service providers/vendors.
Description of Duties
• Maintain ongoing function of and up-to-date communications on organization’s websites.
• Regularly update and develop webpages to serve the organization’s marketing and communications goals.
• Maintain and manage ongoing website security, updates and archive.
• Develop, enhance and maintain online pledge and membership presence, including e-commerce functionality. Includes online donation platform updates and management through CiviCRM.
• Online gift catalog additions and management with Ubercart.
• Manage organization’s email platform. Format and send emails on behalf of marketing and membership campaigns.
• Upload content to online channels, such as YouTube and PBS Video app, to maintain a current online presence. Includes file transferring, transcoding, trimming, uploading, integrating videos into websites, and ensuring compliance with FCC regulations such as closed captioning.
• Monthly reporting on all online platforms, including social channels. Create and implement recommendations for ongoing online growth.
• Advise on organic and paid online campaigns and communication plans. Help with implementation of occasional paid campaign.
• Create images to support marketing using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Provide SEO and other optimizations as necessary.
• Ongoing coordination with Marketing Manager to promote marketing priorities.
• Assist marketing department in other tasks as needed.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• General CMS knowledge. Ideally familiar with WordPress and legacy versions of Drupal.
• E-Commerce and fulfillment.
• Write, modify and troubleshoot webpage scripts.
• Knowledge of compatibility issues regarding major browsers and ability to troubleshoot.
• Web video compression and delivery technologies.
• Understanding of search engine function, and search-compatible webpage copy and design.
• Familiar with PCI compliance, DNS, and accessibility best practices.
• Understands how to elevate and optimize the digital and social presence of WDSE•WRPT and its videos.
• Understand digital analytics platforms. Can synthesize data and provide clear optimization strategies.
• Research and make recommendations on vendors when needed.
• Familiarity with email marketing.
• Stays on top of technology trends and news.
• Basic design skills in Adobe Suite.
• Ability to work successfully independently and in teams.
• Self-starter; ability to research and problem-solve as needed. Comfortable with autonomy in technical-aspects of this role.
Working Knowledge of All or Most of the Following:
• WordPress and Legacy Drupal
• Ecommerce (Ubercart preferred)
• HTML and SCSS
• Java Script, JQuery, PHP and/or MySQL a plus
• Cloud web server management (Linux CLI, Apache server, security & updates, domain registrations, DNS, SSL certificates, automation)
• Social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Email platforms (Mailchimp preferred)
• Adobe Creative Suite
• SEO best practices
• Google Analytics
• BS (or AS and equivalent experience) in Website Development, Website Design, Digital Analytics, Online Marketing, or equivalent.
• Additional certificates, conferences or online training to demonstrate ongoing, up-to-date knowledge in digital marketing a plus.
• Background in video distribution a plus.
• 3-5 years’ experience in website management. Digital media management a plus.
• Work M-F, 8am-4:30pm. Available to work occasional nights and weekends to support marketing department events and/or the distribution of live productions.
Ability to sit for most of the day.
Email Jenna Kowaleski at jkowaleski [at] wdse [dot] org with your cover letter and resume by 5pm on Monday, December 2, 2019. Please also include a list of website you’ve worked on, their CMS, and your role in the design, development and/or maintenance of the site(s).
WDSE•WRPT is an equal employment opportunity employer. WDSE•WRPT does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.