WDSE WRPT, in Northeastern Minnesota, is hiring a Finance Director. Ideal candidates will have a history with complex organizations, cost accounting or non-profit accounting, and a passion for public broadcasting and the power of noncommercial television.
The Director of Finance position is responsible for maximizing the impact from all WDSE.WRPT resources by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. The Director of Finance will oversee cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection, payables, payroll and risk management.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Reconcile and monitor bank and investment accounts
- Review monthly results and budget to actual reports including monthly variance reporting
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that all personnel and financial information is securely stored
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Prepare annual charitable reporting in a timely manner
- Assist the General Manager with financial reporting as required
- Organize and prepare all supporting information needed for the annual audit
- Ensure that all federal and state required filings are prepared and met
- Responsibilities related to HR including benefit administration and working with the payroll provider to ensure hours are reported and all payroll reports are filed accurately and timely
- Support for grant writing through creating budgets for grant proposals and reporting financial results to granting agencies and working with department heads to create and manage an annual budget by department
- Knowledge of the volunteer/non-profit sector
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online and/or Cougar Mountain Software would be a plus
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Human Resource Management.
Required Education and Experience
Required - Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial or related field or experience in managing the accounting function in a complex organization, or 5 years of managing the accounting function in a complex organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
WDSE.WRPT is an EEO.
Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
Interested parties should send a cover email and resume in confidence to email [at] wdse [dot] org.
Job Category: Technical
Location: Duluth Minnesota
WDSE / WRPT, Duluth’s PBS affiliate, is seeking a proven Broadcast/IT Engineer to provide hands-on maintenance of all broadcast and IT based broadcast equipment.
- Perform exception based service and proactive service of broadcast and IT based systems.
- Servicing systems and equipment insuring continued reliability.
- Implementing projects, designs and technology successfully.
- Installation and wiring of broadcast and IT based broadcast systems.
- Performing fabrication of interconnect cables, enclosures, consoles and racks.
- Providing technical expertise for various systems and equipment.
- Interfacing with other departments, vendors, suppliers, contractors and others at all levels.
- Two + years installing and servicing professional broadcast and/or IT equipment.
- Working knowledge of data network, data communications, computer systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Working knowledge of video and audio compression technology.
- Ability to follow drawings/schematics and trouble shoot systems and equipment.
- Ability to use small hand tools effectively, including soldering tools.
- The ability to lift 50lbs.
AS degree in engineering and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Multi-channel station automation and servers.
- File-based workflows and editing.
- HD routing switchers, production switchers, cameras, and multi-viewers.
- Satellite delivery systems.
- Broadcast Encoders, Mux & IRDs.
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team.