How to Find All Five of WDSE•WRPT’s Channels
Send this via e-mail
On January 31, 2020, WDSE•WRPT will be adding a fifth channel to its lineup: the PBS Kids Channel!
PBS Kids will join WDSE•WRPT’s four other channels: PBS North, Explore, Create and MN Channel.
Along with this update on January 31, WDSE•WRPT will be making a few additional upgrades, converting the Explore and Create channels from SD to HD to improve your viewing experience.
Reception on most TVs will be unaffected by these updates.
However, some TVs may need to be reset (by being unplugged and plugged back in) to find the new channels. If you are a cable subscriber, the actual channel numbers may also be reshuffled depending on your provider.
Please review the following tips, categorized by how you receive your TV signal. We will update our Channel Legend as we learn about any changes. If you have any additional questions, please call (888) 563-9373 and ask for our engineering department or email kidschannel [at] wdse [dot] org.
Generally speaking, most TVs should pick up the new channel automatically.
However, if this isn’t the case for your TV, first, try unplugging your TV and replugging it back in. This simple reset may be all your set needs to find the new channel. If this doesn’t work, please rescan your channel.
If you are unable to find any of WDSE•WRPT’s channels, here are some pro tips:
1) Try different locations throughout your room or your house. Windows are usually a good bet to catch a strong signal and the higher the better.
2) Face your antenna towards the TV tower. Find your local tower here.
3) Everyone thinks of ‘rabbit-ears’ when they think of antenna. But try adjusting them so they’re parallel with the ground.
1) If you received our other four channels before January 31, you’ll likely have all of them, plus the fifth channel after January 31. Flip through your channels to see if any of your channels were renumbered.
2) If you’ve only ever received PBS North, contact your cable provider. They may be able to connect you with our other three channels (four after January 31).
3) A small amount of cable subscribers with non-HD packages may not receive Explore and Create channels after they are converted from SD to HD channels on January 31. Please contact your cable provider for more information.
Dish or DirecTV
1) Unfortunately, Dish and DirecTV only carry PBS North. However, you can watch 24/7 PBS Kids at pbskids.org and through the PBS Kids Video App.
Please call (888) 563-9373 M-F during normal business hours and ask for our engineering department or email kidschannel [at] wdse [dot] org. Also see our FAQ about the PBS Kids Channel.