COVID-19 Vaccines: Finding Answers
Whether it’s safe to get vaccinated if you have underlying health conditions or learning about the differences between the available vaccinations, people no doubt have plenty of questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
Vaccine Connector COVID-19 Vaccination Registration (mn.gov)
The Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector is for anyone in Minnesota who has not yet been vaccinated (whether eligible yet or not.) People fill out a simple form, and then the Vaccine Connector will:
• alert you when you are eligible to receive a vaccine;
• connect you to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment; and
• notify you if there are vaccine opportunities in your area.
Essentia Health is following state department of health guidelines in administering the COVID-19 vaccine. Currently, we are prioritizing health care workers, residents of long-term-care facilities, and those in the 65-plus age group. The most efficient way to get notified and scheduled for the vaccine is through MyChart. Please click here to sign up if you do not already have an account. Also, click here for updates, more information about eligibility, and a vaccine Q&A.
St. Luke’s is offering patients 65 and older two scheduling methods.
1. Any St. Luke’s patient 65+ with a myCare patient portal account may schedule an appointment online. To schedule an appointment or to sign up for the portal, visit slhduluth.com/myCare. Using this method is encouraged. This option will soon be available to non-St. Luke’s patients 65+.
2. St. Luke’s is calling patients. St. Luke’s is calling primary care patients 65+, prioritizing those who are considered the highest risk.
St. Luke’s will provide daily updates on slhduluth.com/COVIDvaccine.
• We are currently vaccinating individuals 75 years of age or older.
• We encourage patients to use MyChart to schedule vaccine appointments.
• You can also schedule an appointment by calling our appointment line at 218-362-6937.
• We continue to post updates on our website and Facebook page.
Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital
• Currently vaccinating individuals 75 years of age or older
• Appointments opened up one week at a time on Mondays at 9:00 AM
• Preferred method of scheduling is MyChart with the option of calling the appointment line at 218-326-7344
• Standby will call list for patients living in or near Grand Rapids
• Will post updates on our website and Facebook page
St. Louis County Public Health
St. Louis County Public Health is focusing its efforts on those in the Priority 1a group, along with teachers and licensed childcare providers. Eligible recipients will be contacted through their employer or directly by Public Health. No walk-in appointments are available.
• Any organization identified as being in Phase 1a that has not yet been vaccinated can register your organization now:
Vaccine Registration for Phase 1a Organizations
Wisconsin Department of Health
Residents can sign up with the Wisconsin State Vaccine Registry when it launches on March 1st.
Thank you to our partners from the media, community organizations, and health providers across the region:
KBJR, WDIO, FOX 21, CBS 3, Duluth News Tribune
Health Providers and Community Partners:
St. Louis County, Essentia, St. Luke’s, Fairview Range, Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital