Get ready for the growing season with sound garden advice and inspiration to help battle our tough northern climate. Bob Olen and Tom Kasper provide a bushel basket of garden expertise and answer viewer questions live from the WDSE•WRPT studio. Get great garden ideas as host Pamela Fish brings you tips and tours from around the area. Hardy gardening is what we know, watch Thursday night at 7pm, starting April 10th, on PBS North.
Submit your questions during the show by calling 218.788.2844 or by emailing askgardening [at] wdse [dot] org.
Enjoy more Great Gardening anywhere anytime, review topics and watch episodes online.
Schedule for 2014
- 04.10.2014 Creative Containment
Straw Bales and Recyclables
- 04.17.2014 In the Zone
Best Bets for Northland Growers
- 04.24.2014 For the Birds
Grasses and Plants for Birdlife
- 05.01.2014 Back Lot Bounty
- 05.08.2014 Old Fashioned Favorites
Roses, Lilacs, and Flowering Shrubs
- 05.15.2014 Raising Spirits
Hops and Fruits for Fermenting
- 05.22.2014 You Don’t Know Beans
The Vegetable of the Year
- 05.29.2014 Garden Zen
- 06.05.2014 What's the Buzz?
Bees and Pollinators
- 06.12.2014 Our Favorite Fruit
All About Apples
Grow & Show
Submit your photographs, gardening questions and comments to Great Gardening at greatgardening [at] wdse [dot] org or send your non-returnable garden photographs to:
632 Niagara Court
Duluth, MN 55811
Info & Events from Recent Shows
For more info the Duluth Seed Lending Library go to
Recipes, Calendar of Events & Gardening Tips
- Check out Recipes From the Show
- Find upcoming events at our Garden Calendar
- Download our Seed Longevity Chart (PDF)