TV Underwriting Account Executive
WDSE.WRPT, in Northeastern Minnesota, is looking for an experienced and dedicated Underwriting Account Executive to join our team. This person should possess outstanding sales experience, honed customer service skills and a passion for technology, new systems and innovative business solutions.
Ideal candidates will have a history of achieving revenue goals by developing new business and creating unique sponsorship and alternative funding opportunities. Enthusiasm for public broadcasting and the power of noncommercial television is vital to the success of this position.
- Engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business and servicing accounts
- Expand sales footprint with existing and new accounts by introducing new sponsorship opportunities and services
- Be responsible for meeting and exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity with focus on the solution based selling of event, digital and broadcast product inclusion
- Maintain price and product integrity to ensure maximum organization profitability
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
- Complete appropriate sales activity reports and forecasts as required
- Research and develop new methods to aid in identifying potential corporations and foundations, and donors or grantees of underwriting grants
- Meet with key decision makers and develop key messaging for client specific needs
- Participate in designing, developing, planning and implementing special fund-raising events that involve clients and community members
Desired Qualifications: (including but not limited to)
- Experience with television, radio or digital sales (preferably in the Northeastern Minnesota market), selling advertising programs to agencies and direct advertisers
- Demonstrated knowledge of the advertising campaign roles of television, digital and print advertising and advertising strategies to accomplish client business goals
- Experience in consumer research and analyzing, synthesizing and communicating consumer research to current and prospective clients
- Demonstrated knowledge of the competitive marketplace
- Excellent time-management abilities
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Experience with public broadcasting, underwriting or sponsorship sales a plus
- Associates degree in related field AND two (2) years of marketing, media sales, and/or related sales activities; OR, four (4) years of experience in marketing, media sales and/or related sales activities; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
Interested parties should send a cover email and resume in confidence to email [at] wdse [dot] org. EOE
Floor Crew Member
WDSE.WRPT in Duluth, MN is seeking an individual to work part time on our studio floor crew. Experience in and working knowledge of television production is desired but not required. Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
Floor crew members assist with productions as directed in studio and occasionally on location. Helps in preparing for and recording studio productions, and assists with studio set up and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists as assigned in the studio, preparing sets, assisting talent and guests, operating studio cameras as directed during recorded and live productions, and maintaining the studio space.
- Assists as assigned on location, carrying and operating camera equipment and assisting with field photography and lighting, and in other capacities as required.
- Assists in the effort to maintain a safe environment for the general public and station personnel on location and in the studio.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Working knowledge of television production equipment and techniques, studio cameras, placing microphones, able to follow director’s studio instructions. A valid driver’s license, high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to accept oral and written direction and work cooperatively to complete assigned tasks. Able to bend/stoop/squat repeatedly or continually for extended periods of time.
WDSE WRPT, in Northeastern Minnesota, is hiring a Finance Director. Ideal candidates will have a history with complex organizations, cost accounting or non-profit accounting, and a passion for public broadcasting and the power of noncommercial television.
The Director of Finance position is responsible for maximizing the impact from all WDSE.WRPT resources by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. The Director of Finance will oversee cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection, payables, payroll and risk management.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Reconcile and monitor bank and investment accounts
- Review monthly results and budget to actual reports including monthly variance reporting
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that all personnel and financial information is securely stored
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Prepare annual charitable reporting in a timely manner
- Assist the General Manager with financial reporting as required
- Organize and prepare all supporting information needed for the annual audit
- Ensure that all federal and state required filings are prepared and met
- Responsibilities related to HR including benefit administration and working with the payroll provider to ensure hours are reported and all payroll reports are filed accurately and timely
- Support for grant writing through creating budgets for grant proposals and reporting financial results to granting agencies and working with department heads to create and manage an annual budget by department
- Knowledge of the volunteer/non-profit sector
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online and/or Cougar Mountain Software would be a plus
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Human Resource Management.
Required Education and Experience
Required - Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial or related field or experience in managing the accounting function in a complex organization, or 5 years of managing the accounting function in a complex organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
WDSE.WRPT is an EEO.
Interested parties should send a cover email and resume in confidence to email [at] wdse [dot] org.