TV Underwriting Account Executive
WDSE.WRPT, in Northeastern Minnesota, is hiring a television Underwriting Account Executive to improve and increase agreements with existing clients, as well as develop new underwriting relationships. These agreements include television, digital and print platforms.
Ideal candidates will have a history of achieving revenue goals by developing new business and creating unique sponsorship and alternative funding opportunities. Passion for public broadcasting and the power of noncommercial television is vital to the success of the underwriting team.
- Engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business and servicing accounts
- Expand sales footprint with existing and new accounts by introducing new sponsorship opportunities and services
- Be responsible for meeting and exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity with focus on the solution based selling of event, digital and broadcast product inclusion
- Maintain price and product integrity to ensure maximum organization profitability
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
- Complete appropriate sales activity reports and forecasts as required
- Research and develop new methods to aid in identifying corporations and foundations, which could be possible donors or grantees of underwriting grants
- Meet with key decision makers and develop advertising programs that target client specific needs
- Participate in designing, developing, planning and implementing special fund-raising events that involve clients
Desired Qualifications: (including but not limited to)
- Experience with television, radio or digital sales (preferably in the Northeastern Minnesota market), selling advertising programs to agencies and direct advertisers
- Demonstrated knowledge of the advertising campaign roles of television, digital and print advertising and advertising strategies to accomplish client business goals
- Experience in consumer research and analyzing, synthesizing and communicating consumer research to current and prospective clients
- Demonstrated knowledge of the competitive marketplace
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Experience with public broadcasting, underwriting or sponsorship sales a plus
- Associates degree in related field AND two (2) years of marketing, media sales, and/or related sales activities; OR, four (4) years of experience in marketing, media sales and/or related sales activities; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Interested parties should send a cover email and resume in confidence to email [at] wdse [dot] org. EOE
Broadcast IT Technician
Department: Engineering and Operations
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Operations
Overtime Status: Exempt
Primary Function: Installs, repairs, adjusts, and maintains, station broadcast equipment, including transmission equipment, in compliance with station policy and applicable FCC regulations.
Internal Contact: All station Operations and Engineering staff, and Production personal.
External Contacts: Viewers, vendors, and technical support personal.
Description of Duties:
- Installs, repairs, adjusts, maintains, and provides support to station broadcast equipment, including transmission equipment, control room computers, editing systems, and production equipment.
- Assures that broadcast equipment operates in compliance with station policy and applicable FCC regulations.
- Advise Director of Engineering regarding operational abnormalities, i.e. failing equipment, available upgrades, industry changes, and staffing requirements.
- Mentors maintenance staff, Operating Engineers, and other station staff in the development of technical problem-solving skills and equipment repair procedures and methods.
- Works with contractors and vendors to provide for proper maintenance of the physical plant systems. (HVAC, electrical, signaling and communications)
- Maintains detailed maintenance and preventive maintenance records. Makes appropriate entries in transmitter and operating logs.
- Available for work for all shifts including nights and weekends as required.
- Readily available for afterhours work and on-call as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of electrical and electronics theory and practice as applied to station equipment. Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills demonstrated in a broadcast environment. Knowledge of applicable FCC operating rules and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications: A two-year degree in information technology, electrical engineering technology, or related field, or equivalent engineering certifications. Three years of applicable experience in the broadcast industry. Able to lift and carry equipment up to 75 pounds. Must be available to work on-call when needed.
For questions or to apply contact:
lerickson [at] wdse [dot] org