Broadcast IT Technician
Department: Engineering and Operations
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Operations
Overtime Status: Exempt
Primary Function: Installs, repairs, adjusts, and maintains, station broadcast equipment, including transmission equipment, in compliance with station policy and applicable FCC regulations.
Internal Contact: All station Operations and Engineering staff, and Production personal.
External Contacts: Viewers, vendors, and technical support personal.
Description of Duties:
- Installs, repairs, adjusts, maintains, and provides support to station broadcast equipment, including transmission equipment, control room computers, editing systems, and production equipment.
- Assures that broadcast equipment operates in compliance with station policy and applicable FCC regulations.
- Advise Director of Engineering regarding operational abnormalities, i.e. failing equipment, available upgrades, industry changes, and staffing requirements.
- Mentors maintenance staff, Operating Engineers, and other station staff in the development of technical problem-solving skills and equipment repair procedures and methods.
- Works with contractors and vendors to provide for proper maintenance of the physical plant systems. (HVAC, electrical, signaling and communications)
- Maintains detailed maintenance and preventive maintenance records. Makes appropriate entries in transmitter and operating logs.
- Available for work for all shifts including nights and weekends as required.
- Readily available for afterhours work and on-call as assigned.
- Preforms other duties as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of electrical and electronics theory and practice as applied to station equipment. Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills demonstrated in a broadcast environment. Knowledge of applicable FCC operating rules and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications: A two-year degree in information technology, electrical engineering technology, or related field, or equivalent engineering certifications. Three years of applicable experience in the broadcast industry. Able to lift and carry equipment up to 75 pounds. Must be available to work on-call when needed.
For questions or to apply contact:
lerickson [at] wdse [dot] org