New Show - Speak Your Mind
Send this via e-mail
The Human Development Center’s new series Speak Your Mind, continues to offer a wealth of knowledge and hope by openly discussing mental health issues for residents of our North Country.
Hosted by psychologist Dr. Carolyn Phelps and Pat Kelly, viewers can phone or email their questions or concerns and a panel of mental health specialists will respond live, from the WDSE•WRPT studios.
For more information about the show and to watch recent episodes online, visit our Speak Your Mind page.
Speak Your Mind airs Thursday nights at 7:30 and is repeated Sundays at 3pm on WDSE•WRPT's PBS North 8.1│31.1.
January & February Topics:
- January 6 - "Suicide Prevention"
- January 13 - "Psychosis"
- January 20 - "Getting Help When You Need It"
- January 27 - "Eating Disorders"
- February 3 - "One Extreme to the Other: Bipolar Disorder"
- February 10 - "Grief, Loss and Bereavement"
- February 17 - "Childhood Trauma: Bad Things Happen to Good Kids"
- February 24 - "Hope for the Future: Life in Recovery"
Speak your mind by calling in your questions to 218.788.2844 or call toll free 1.877.307.8762; or submit a question in advance to speakup [at] speakyourmindonline [dot] org. You can also TEXT your question to 218-393-2700.
Learn more about the show at http://www.speakyourmindonline.org.
HDC is a private, non-profit community mental health center established in 1938. HDC serves residents and Carlton, Cook, Lake, and southern St. Louis counties in northeastern Minnesota and in Douglas County in northwestern Wisconsin.
To learn more about HDC visit their website at www.humandevelopmentcenter.org.